Two of the five hatched Gothic style Round Houses at Veryan village.
Built 1815/18 , by the Rev. Jeremiath Trist as Estate Cottages.
The Follies are of Cob construction on Stone foundations .
Originally Single Storey houses with 2 bedrooms and Kitchen , their loftiness was considered healthy
and the round design easy to keep clean .
Based on a design by his friend Captain Charles Penrose who built a Round Cottage at Ethy - St. Winnow in 1811.
Folklore suggests that the buildings were built Round so that the Devil had no corners to lurke in
and topped off with a Cross to stop him entering the Village.
Location: SW 9149 3939