6-7 Chapel Streeet , Penzance , near the top of the road is this building from 1835/6 with an Egyptian Style Facade.
A Grade 1 Egyptian extravagance built for John Lanvin as a showroom for his business selling
minerals , fossils , serpentine goods , ...
Inspired by Robinson's Egyptian Hall (1812/1905) in Piccadilly.
3 storeys, 3 windows, battered half round corded pilasters, windows and glazing bars.
Lotus bud columns flanking entrance.
Coved cornices above windows.
2 obelisk caryatids.
A coat of arms crowned by an eagle.
Heavy coved crowning cornice.
Owned and restored by The Landmark Trust.
Now 3 Holiday Apartments with a ground floor Shop.
Location: SW 4730 3018