A great bell-shaped structure formed by two interlocking granite arches surmounted by a cross ,
stands on the site of the ancient Chapel of St Catherine,
above St Catherine’s Castle with fabulous views of the Fowey estuary.
The floor beneath this ‘Crown’ contains two grave slabs,
one in memory of William Rashleigh (1817-71) and his Wife Catherine.
The other to their daughter , Edith Frances Stopford Sackville (1849-1905) .
Location: SX 1178.5096