A Norman Church with most of the structure from 1430 , C13 Crooked Broach Spire
(ie. an octagonal spire sitting on a square tower )
The Church was buried under sand dunes from C18 to 1863 when the Rev. W Hart Smith ,
the Vicar of St Minver , arranged for its uncovering / restored 1865.
The dunes were stabilised.
The Vicar had to be lowered every year through the roof of his sand-entombed church to hold a service
and keep his church officially open.
The Church is to the South of Polzeath / Trebetherick near the Golf Couse.
Location: SW 9318 7222