The lichen covered monument was erected in November 1937 by the Marconi Company , to recognise the
pioneering work of Guglielmo Marconi and his research experts and radio engineers
at the Poldhu Wireless Station between 1900 and 1935.
In 1923 and 1924, Charles Samuel Franklin, inventor of the Franklin beam aerial, directed his short wave
wireless beam transmissions to Guglielmo Marconi on his yatch 'Electra' crusing in the South Atlantic.
This laid the foundation of modern high speed radiotelegraphy.
Location: SW 6632 1942