A view over the remaining corner of the Trevaunance Harbour , which operated from 1797.
The dressed Granite blocks were drilled with Iron Bars locking the overlapping blocks together.
The harbour wasn't accessible by road and cargo had to be hauled up or down the cliffs
by horse whims (horse-powered winches).
The Harbour supported the local Pilchard fishery as well as the Mines.
The Harbours North Quay was damaged by Winter Gales in 1915 and the unprotected South Quay followed in 1916.
Location: SW 7209 5171