About 200m from the landing stage of the Place Ferry is Place House .
It stands in front of the village church of St. Anthony and occupies the site of a former priory .
Home to the Spry family from 1649 , remodelled and extended 1840 and later , with a French Gothic Facade .
The central 3 storey Porte Cochere ( carriage porch ) has a square section spire with openings matching the Church Spire which can be seen behind.
When the house was rebuilt by Sir Samuel Spry the old Mill buildings were removed and the tidal mill pool filled in to create a lawn .
A new causeway was also built with a Granite Arched stream exit .
Location: SW 8551 3222