Built in 1874 on a large rock at the tip of the promontory.
The wall was built in 1925 to prevent erosion.
The Lighthouse Tower & Keeper’s Cottage is now in private hands .
A Solar powered LED beacon in front of the original lighthouse now provides the light - with a range of 8 n.miles .
A spectacular Tidal Race can be see around the Point.
Folding in the thick sandstones and shale of the Bude Formation can be seen behind the lighthouse
Bits of the Dutch Coaster 'Johanna' are still visible where she ran
aground in 1982 on the rocks - below the Cliffs to the south of the light.
Location: SS 2297.2739