Cligga Wolfram and Tin Mines Ltd was founded in 1938 / closed in 1945 when American tungsten was available.
Concrete foundations for the ore processing machinery remain alongside the capped shaft (Contact Shaft) ,
tungsten was used in World War II for armour-plating and armour-piercing shells.
This location was shared with a nearby explosives factory owned by the Nobel company ( 1892-1909 , 1914-1918 ) .
Wolfram was mined to produce nitro-glycerine.
Location: SW 7391.5363