Following the Coast Path out of Cadgwith the former terraced Coastguard Cottages, built in the 1880s
to combat smuggling are passed on the way to the northern headland of Cadgwith Cove
with the Old Coastguard Lookout / Signal Station - locally known as "The Huer's Hut".
The two headlands at Cadgwith Cove where used by the 'Huer', an important figure in the pilchard fishing industry. The Huer would watch out for the pilchard shoals that passed by the coast each year , and then call out by shouting
"Hevva! Hevva!" ("Here they are!").
The seine boats with their long nets would be launched at once relying on the Huer for directions.
Location: SW 7232.1450