A small stream leads to the beach at Gew Graze , some sand on a low tide.
North of the stream a quarry operated from about 1750 to 1819 - extracting Soapstone.
Up to 500 lbs of Soapstone was removed every week , separated into 3 colours ,white being the most valuable.
Serpentine spoil tips are in the valley.
The quarry closed when China Clay began being used in the manufacture of porcelain.
Location: SW 6760.1435