St Catherine's fort , on the Fowey side of the harbour entrance , was built in the reign of Henry VIII
to defend the harbour entrance.
Built by Thomas Treffry in 1540 , a small Artillery Fort , two storey's with 3 gun ports at ground level
and 2 gun ports and 5 narrow windows above . Refurbished in 1855 as a gun battery .
Above is the Rashleigh Mausoleum.
Location: SX 1230.5072