This 26-metre stone tower , painted in broad red and white bands , serves as a daylight warning marker .
Erected by Trinity House in 1832 to enable sailors to distinguish Gribbin Head
from the other nearby headlands of Dodman Point and St Anthony's Head
and make navigation into Fowey and the harbours of St Austell Bay safer.
Location: SX 0989.4989