The Harbour with The Cornish Alps (Clay Spoil Tips) on the skyline above St Austell.
Par Harbour was built (1829/1840) by a local entrepreneur J T Treffry who wanted to export Copper from his mine.
Cornish granite was also exported in the early days for such famous landmarks as Waterloo Bridge, Chatham , Gibraltar and Glasgow Docks.
China clay is piped to the harbour in slurry form , dried in large sheds before transportation by Private Road (the former rail line) to Fowey.
Location: SX 091.522