Porthluney has a large sandy beach even at high tide .
The south-facing sandy beach , overlooking Gerrans Bay , is below Caerhays Castle.
John Bettesworth-Trevanion built the present castle (1807/10) on a site close to the former manor house ,
to a Castellated Gothic design by John Nash.
The surrounding parkland and woodland gardens contain plants discovered
on the early C20 Chinese plant hunting expeditions associated with J.C. Williams .
Location: SW 9753.4117