A view from near the truncated chimney of Crown's Whim on Botallack Head.
There are two engine houses at the Crowns.
The lower house was built in 1835 to house a 30-inch pumping engine built by Harvey and Co. of Hayle
to serve the Crowns Engine shaft .
The upper house contained a Pearce’s all-enclosed 24-inch winding engine (1862)
to hoist from the Boscawen diagonal shaft . A shaft angled at 32 degrees with wheeled wagons running on rails.
The Botallack mine closed for a second time on March 14th, 1914 , having originally closed in 1895.
Location: SW 3639.3338