The Engine House / Chimney of Wheal Prosper , from 1860 housing a 30-in pumping engine ,
a copper / tin mine which operated between 1860 and 1866 .
It produced mainly tin with a little copper from the 'Porthcew Lode'
The mine was also worked between 1832 and 1849.
The engine house has a mixed construction of granite and slate (killas) .
Conserved by the NT in 1969
Location: SW 5925.2698