The harbour was completed in 1895 , protected by two sea walls , but exposed to the fury of winter gales.
At low tide the Harbour yields a sand and shingle beach.
Nearby Wheal Unity copper mine operated from the early 18th century until 1919 , the only serious mining venture on the Lizard.
Soapstone was quarried from the Mullion cliffs.
Location: SW 6667.1759