The pier at the entrance to Porthleven Harbour.
The Harbour is of monumental contruction with massive Granite blocks and Copings.
The outer harbour - granite pier and quays were built 1811-25.
Harvey and Co of Hayle acquired the Harbour in 1855 and built the large inner basin ,1855-8.
The huge timbers (baulk) that seal the inner harbour in storms are still in use today.
Ships brought in coal, lime and timber , sending out fish , locally mined - china clay, tin, ...Mining peaked in the 1870s after which the harbour went into decline.
Location: SW 6270.2545